High Pro H2OWater is prancing around in so many ways these days – be it reverse osmosis style, with a hint of flavour or vitamin water. Well you can now add protein to that list. Bodylogix Protein H2O is the latest line of water that is great tasting and hydrating while helping to achieve a healthy weight and maintain protein levels. With no sugar or fat, this revolutionary water is packed with health benefits: 10 grams of high-quality whey protein to help with metabolism and energy; five grams of fibre to keep you feeling full longer; electrolytes to help rehydrate, recover and rebuild after activity; and a balanced assortment of vitamins. With only 60 calories, Protein H2O is an ideal nutritious alternative to sodas, juices, sports drinks and other beverages at lunch, the gym or at the office.
Skinny LibationsWant to fit into your LBD but love a great Appletini? We have a fabulous find: Go Cocktails! It’s a delish new line of sugar-free cocktail mixers. Choose from Appletini, Lemon Drop, Margarita, Cosmo and more. Just add water and your liquor of choice and you’ve got a slimmed-down treat to sip! Each mix comes in a chic box, with eight single packets, directions and ingredients – perfectly packaged for mixing low-calorie cocktails anywhere or even on the go! Tuck some away in your purse and be ready for a waistlinefriendly cocktail on your next flight, party or summer BBQ. With only five calories, Go Cocktails! mixers let you enjoy your guilty pleasure, guilt-free! The line was created by a 30-something single mom of three boys who lost 50 pounds to get healthy, but didn’t want to give up her guilty pleasure: margaritas. You can purchase boxes at select stores and online at www.gococktails.com.
- side-by-side comparisons of popular conventional brands and their natural alternatives
- health ingredients to look for and dangerous additives to avoid
- tips for recognizing the misleading marketing tools used to confuse you when you read food labels
- healthier choices for the snacks you already buy
- pullout charts of the worst ingredients to look for when grocery shopping
- a naturally complete protein that promotes lean muscle mass and is a rich source of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs)
- an easy-to-digest protein, and can quickly provide nourishment to muscles
- stabilizes blood glucose levels by slowing the absorption of glucose into the bloodstream – this in turn reduces hunger by lowering insulin levels and making it easier for the body to burn fat
Whether for health reasons or dietary concerns about ingesting too many calories and/or fat, this all-natural, fat-free and gluten-free treat has been endorsed by LPGA Player Ryann O’Toole and is a wonderful choice for an afternoon treat or after-dinner indulgence.
BY NEERA CHAUDHARY / PUBLISHED IN THE HEALTH AND WELLNESS ISSUE, JULY 2012