Fitness Fueled With Passion
Thirty minutes each day is all you need to burn calories and chisel yourself into a better you. From time to time we all get bored doing the same exercises, but today I challenge you to ponder this: maybe the problem isn’t with the exercise but really with your outlook. As the saying goes, “attitude determines latitude,” the first shift for fitness success has to come from within. It’s time for some tough love to take an honest look at yourself and determine what’s holding you back. What are your fears? What are your excuses? This is a hard but necessary task for all of us, but we need to find solutions and take action.
Develop a healthy attitude when it comes to working out and getting fit. If you have a negative attitude you:
- Define working out as a chore
- Complain about your current weight and health issues
- Focus on what you don’t want
- Go to the gym once in a while but you’re not strict with regimen
- Think it’s a short-term solution
- Don’t have time to go to the gym
- View the end result as a distant reality and give up before you give yourself an honest chance
- Avoid or have little interest in learning about health and fitness
If you have a positive attitude you:
- Are not afraid of hard work to get your best body ever
- Jump in and take action
- Focus on what you do want
- Make a training schedule and view it as a lifestyle
- Make time to go to the gym by making it a standing appointment with yourself
- Visualize how you want your ideal body to look and keep that image strong in your mind
- Learn tips from fitness magazines, books and online
Intervals are my favourite and most effective way to blast the fat because you continue to burn calories after exercise. Intervals vary in length and intensity (for example, you sprint for 30 seconds then jog for 90 seconds and repeat that for six sets). You can also combine types of exercise intervals, mixing in cardio segments with weight-training, and/or plyometrics (fast, explosive, repetitive movements like jumping, bounding, skipping and throwing). So smile, enjoy your life, and live in the body you have always dreamed of. Find what fuels your fitness passion…a smaller dress size, a vacation, a summer wedding or you've surrendered, had enough and it’s time to make that change. It’s all within your reach…all you have to do is have a “can do” attitude and go for it!
In a fitness funk? Email her email@example.com
Amrit Dhaliwal is well-known as the world’s first pro Indian fitness model. She combines her diverse background as an international fitness/fashion model, certified trainer and body mind nutrition consultant to give unique insights on feminine health and beauty. www.amritdhaliwal.com.
PUBLISHED: THE PASSION ISSUE, MAY 2011